Friday 14 May 2010

'Pimp my bag'

Oh how I love to recycle!! Not just glass jars and bottles and paper and cans, but curtains and sheets and now even bags. So this one actually didn't have so far to come. It was once a CHEAP bag from a certain very cheap but fashion-savvy high street store (which shall of course remain nameless), and therefore the zip gave up after two uses. Hmph.

The main reason I had bought it though, was because I liked the print. Even after the zip came apart, I kept the bag, thinking maybe I would one day fix the zip, or put a new one in, maybe.



That never happened.



Instead, I decided, in a fit of clearing out cupboards, to 'Pimp my bag' and make it into a more useful bag. I took the bag apart, saved the internal zip, handles, main fabric panels and some of the piping, and designed this bag. (I'm not entirely sure I can officially declare this bag 'pimped', though, due to it's distinct lack of 36" LCD screens or 19" chrome rims. Oh well).Argh, I forgot to take pictures of the darts again. But rest assured this bag has 'em. The sides are slightly rounded, since this bag seemed to want that.



Topside view of very safe zipper top. And piped top edge. And yes, this bag is lined in a very pretty pink floral print fabric. Yaaaaay....(Fabric is not recycled, by the way).

Ooooh, a little tab at the end of the zip!! Once the bag was finished, it turned out it didn't necessarily need that long a zip (but I couldn't be bothered to go back to the store and get a shorter one), nor a tab at the end of it, but it's too late for that now. I might sleep on it and maybe make a little key-purse at the end of the tab, or something. Then again, maybe I won't.


But wait! Does this bag have an internal zip pocket, I hear you wonder? Of COURSE it has one. Made with the salvaged zip from the old bag. And... ...it's got yet ANOTHER internal pocket!! This one is unzippered (make of that what you will), but big enough for your sunglasses. I don't know that a pocket next to a big heavy book is necessarily the best place to keep sunglasses, but I figured they'd look good on the picture. Like a celebrity that doesn't want to get recognised.

Peace out y'all.
















No comments:

Post a Comment