Tuesday 4 May 2010

Polka-dotted purse

I really wanted (to make) a purse with one of those really satisfying snap closures. Just because of the sound they make when you close them. Snap. *Sigh*.
Being the eminently practical person I am, however, the purse needed to be big enough for all my essentials. Which means big wallet, keys, phone, and even a (note)book. Really I like to extend that list to include an umbrella, bottle of water, lip balm, etc. etc., but occasionally one can sacrifice those essentials for the sake of a *sigh* snappy closure. I made some extra room by putting some darts in the bottom. I'm so proud of those darts, I forgot to make pictures. Anyway...
I had the purse frame before I had picked out the fabric, but once I saw the polka dots with the bobble closure... See? It's juuuuuust about big enough for a paperback (something absurdist, preferably). The purse can just about still snap shut, but that wouldn't work on a bigger paperback. Unless...





...you wiggle the book in on it's side which means you can easily snap the bag shut. I initally wanted to wait until I could find a funky, patterned fabric for the inside, but I was too impatient and decided that a polka-dotted pocket would funk up the inside just as well. AND it's practical! Two birds, one stone.
{Note: the phone in the pocket? Clearly far too new to be mine.}











No comments:

Post a Comment